Applications for admission to Reception classes in September 2024 are coordinated by the Local Authority. If you intend to apply for a place at The Rosary Catholic Primary School, you will need to do the following:
- All applicants must complete their home local authority online application. Only Hounslow residents can apply on a Hounslow online system at www.hounslow.gov.uk/primaryadmissions
All online applications must be submitted by the closing date of 15 January 2024.
- You must also complete the enclosed Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and ask your Priest to complete the Certificate of Catholic Practice and again return it to school in person by 15th January 2024.
- Applications received after 15th January 2024 will be treated as late applications and will only be considered after places have been allocated to families who applied on time.
- You will be sent an e-mail with the outcome of your application on 16th April 2023 (after 5 pm). You will not receive a letter if you have been offered your first preference school. You must, however, accept or not accept this offer online by 30th April 2024 by going to https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/ and selecting ‘view outcome and respond’.
- A copy of the admission criteria and parish boundaries is enclosed for your information
Please read the ‘Starting School in Hounslow in September 2024’ brochure carefully before completing your application. A copy can be downloaded from LB Hounslow’s website:
Supplementary Information Form
We are now starting the process of applying for places in Nursery for September 2023. There are a number of very important things you need to do as well as noting dates and procedures for the future. We have tried to make things as clear as possible, but please do not hesitate to contact the school office if you are unsure about anything. The timetable and information you need are outlined below.
- Please complete the Nursery Supplementary Information Form and ask your priest for the Certificate of Catholic Practice (where necessary). The forms must be returned with the following documents:
o Applications must be submitted with a copy of the current council tax bill (which is in the applicant’s name) and a copy of the child’s short birth certificate.
o If the parent is unable to provide a copy of the council tax bill because it is not in their name, the parent must provide 3 other documents confirming they reside at the address. The brochure provides guidance on the type of documents that can be accepted.
- The school offers 52 part-time nursery places. Since September 2017, working families who meet certain eligibility criteria can also claim an additional 15 hours of free childcare a week - 30 hours in total. The Governors have ring-fenced a limited number of places for this provision. The Admissions Criteria will be applied separately for part-time and 30-hour provision. The Nursery Supplementary Information Form now includes the option for parents to indicate if they are applying for 15 hours or 30 hours. Parents/carers should check that they are eligible before applying for the 30 hours by visiting www.hounslow.gov.uk/30hours
- The closing date for application forms to be returned to school is on Friday, 10th March 2023.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 5th May 2023. Acceptance of places offered must be received by 19th May 2023.
- Admission to the Nursery does not ensure admission to Reception class when a separate application must be made.
- Please read the “Starting in a Hounslow School Nursery in September 2023”
Should you wish to visit our Nursery before you make your application we will be holding an informal ‘Drop-in Session’ on the following days:
- 12th January - 9:30 am
- 20th January - 2:00 pm
- 30th January – 9:30 am
- 2nd February – 2:00 pm
- 9th February – 9:30am
- 22nd February – 2:00pm
- 28th February – 9:30am
- 2nd March – 2:00pm
Please book your appointment on our website www.rosary.hounslow.sch.uk OR call our School Office on 020 8570 4942.
Children are normally admitted to school at specific stages, such as starting reception class or transferring to year 7 in secondary school. If you require a school place for your child outside these times of admission, you will be making an in-year admission.
An application must be made to the Local Authority on their in-year application form. A Supplementary Information Form should also be completed and returned to the school office.
Where there are more applications than places available, each application will be ranked in accordance with the published oversubscription criteria. If a place cannot be offered, you may ask us for the reasons and you will be informed of your right of appeal. You will be offered the opportunity of being placed on a waiting list. The waiting list will be maintained by the Governing Body in the order of the oversubscription criteria. When a place becomes available, the Governing Body will decide who is at the top of the list so that an offer can be made.
If we have not been able to offer your child a place, you have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel. Please click on the following links to find out how to appeal:
If your child is currently in Year 6 and born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013, they will transfer to secondary school in September 2024.
Please read 'Choosing a Catholic Secondary School for September 2024' and the 'Secondary School Transfer in 2024' brochure carefully before completing your application.
Hounslow residents must apply online at https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/
If you do not live in the London Borough of Hounslow, you will need to apply through your own council.
Admissions Criteria for 2024/25
Admission Arrangements for 2025-26 Consultation
The Rosary Catholic Primary School is consulting on our proposed admission arrangements for 2025-2026.
The consultation runs from 21st November 2023 to 2nd January 2024. If you have any comments, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org